The Swedish Music Information Centre is part of an international network of music information centres.
The Centre's purpose is to document and provide information about copyright-protected Swedish music through:
- cataloguing and archiving contemporary classical music
- cataloguing and archiving mainly earlier popular music
- producing scores for orchestral works and compositions for large jazz ensembles
- publishing CDs and sheet music
- promoting music projects that need special support, co-funding of Export Music Sweden and participating in international networks
- providing publishing and marketing support to music publishers and travel allowance to composers
Purchase and hire materials
Here you can purchase scores of Swedish musical works, photo copies of the sheet music of earlier Swedish popular music that publishers are no longer able to provide, and you can also hire orchestral works.
The Swedish Music Information Centre is - since 1 July 2008- a company owned by Stim (The Swedish Performing Rights Society). It is mainly financed by the funds that the performing rights societies may use to support their own country’s music. The government supports the work of the Centre with approximately the same amount as we ourselves make from the sale and rental of music and records.
Service to members only
The services we provide, which include printouts of parts, grants for publication of sheet music and travel allowances for first performances, are only available to composers and publishers affiliated to Stim.